Responsive Ads Here

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Redirecting to the sky drive(documents) page in My site

When user log into my site, it will redirect to either person.aspx or default.aspx. These pages are common to all the users. some times clients wants to redirect some pages which will be available on their personal sites. person and default.aspx pages will not be available in individual personal sites it will be available in my site host. 
so when user logged in to the my site it will navigate to any one of page based up on our settings. so in any one of the page we need to write script or code for redirecting to any page. After struggling two days, i found a nice article about redirection in my site.
MySite.aspx 
 In the Layouts directory there is a page called MySite.aspx. This is a special redirection page. It’s job is to assess where you want to go inside of a personal site or MySite Host, and take you directly to your version of that page, inside your own personal site if necessary. If you hit this page with no QueryString parameter, you’ll either get redirected to your personal site if it’s created, or back to your profile page in the MySite host. 
MySiteRedirect
This page does have a special QueryString parameter (MySiteRedirect) that it listens for as well, to take you to specific pages. After looking through reflector, I was able to decipher the possible values that it will accept:

Query String Params with examples:
https://companyname-my.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/MySite.aspx?MySiteRedirect=FollowedDocuments – Takes you to the Document’s I Follow page in your personal site. 
 https://companyname-my.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/MySite.aspx?MySiteRedirect=SharedDocuments 
Takes you to the Shared With Me page in your personal site. https://companyname-my.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/MySite.aspx?MySiteRedirect=AllDocuments
 – Takes you to the Document library in your personal site, or the same as clicking on SkyDrive in the top nav. 
 https://companyname-my.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/MySite.aspx?MySiteRedirect=AllTasks
 – Takes you to the My Tasks page in your personal site. 
 https://companyname-my.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/MySite.aspx?MySiteRedirect=AllSites 
– Takes you to the Sites I’m Following/Suggested Sites page in your personal site.

With this in mind, you can use the MySiteRedirect=AllDocuments QueryString parameter to provide a “Documents” link to all users in the MySite Host Quick Launch. 

 Please find more info by clicking here Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment